Subject: bug#32338: 26.1; term.el broken on macOS

From: Constantine Vetoshev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 08:25:20 -0700

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 11:00 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Please show the definition of 'struct rlimit' on your system.  It
> should be in the header sys/resource.h, I think.  Then perhaps I will
> have some insight.

Here it is:

struct rlimit {
    rlim_t    rlim_cur;        /* current (soft) limit */
    rlim_t    rlim_max;        /* maximum value for rlim_cur */
};

On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 2:16 AM Alan Third <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I can’t reproduce this (although I haven’t checked with the actual
> release version of Emacs 26 as I don’t have a copy lying around).
>
> I’m on 10.13.6, are you still running 10.13.4?

I'm on 10.13.6. Early-2015 MBP with a Core i7 and 16GB RAM. I just
rebooted the machine just to see if maybe it's a transient problem,
but no dice.

Did you definitely run the binary as
/path/to/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q
? I can't reproduce the crash under a debugger, but it happens 100% of
the time otherwise. That, and the error message

2018-09-30 08:19:22.656 Emacs[1407:25736] *** -[NSAutoreleasePool
release]: This pool has already been released, do not drain it (double
release)

make me think there's a race condition in a memory release somewhere
that doesn't get hit when the system runs a little slower.

It might be helpful to compare with 10.14/Mojave, but I'm holding off
installing it until 10.14.1 comes out.