Subject: Re: bug#32337: 26.1; display-line-numbers-mode makes cursor ill-aligned when number face is changed

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2018 16:39:54 +0300

> From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 09:10:59 -0300
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> Well there wasn't a lot of activity in the polls and you already have
> read them, Eli, so I don't know, it doesn't seem to be interest on
> fixing this nor consensus about how to do it.
> 
> The only alternative that wouldn't bother anyone (except for you and
> other maintainers) is to add a new face for the inactive part of the
> line number display that inherits from the default face. But you're
> not willing to do that AFAICS so I would rather just close this and
> live with the issue. Is it ok?

Maybe we should just make the change and see if someone hollers.
Would you like me to send you a patch, and run with it for a couple of
weeks, in case there are some unintended consequences?  If not, I will
apply the change to the emacs-26 branch.

Thanks.