Subject: bug#32337: 26.1; display-line-numbers-mode makes cursor ill-aligned when number face is changed

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2018 09:03:55 +0300

> From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 20:06:46 -0300
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> > If someone seriously wants to do a poll, I can explain how we used to
> > do it, and set up the infrastructure.
> 
> Maybe it would be too much for this minor issue only, although if the
> point is to set a precedent it's ok for me. But since that precedent
> would have much more consequences for Eli than for me I don't think
> this is my call.

I agree that this issue is too minor to justify a serious poll.  A
bunch of opinions should be enough for the initial decision.  A more
serious poll setup could only be justified if we discover some
controversy in the opinion, which I currently don't envision.

So a question posted on Redit should be good enough at this stage, I
think.