Subject: bug#32334: Window resize fails in remote X11

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2018 15:27:56 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Russell Adams <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
>> Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2018 15:01:25 +0200
>> 
>> > I merged this with the other bugs about this.  Closing is too early,
>> > we still hope this could be fixed.
>> 
>> How can we fix it other than by disabling double buffering by default
>> and hoping people read NEWS and turn it on again? Iʼm not aware of a
>> way to programatically detect "your X server's implementation of XDBE
>> is buggy"
>
> I'm not even sure that's a bug in the X server.  It could be a bug in
> our code, for all I know.  If we arrive at the conclusion that it's a
> bug in the server, that would be a very good progress, IMO.

Iʼm going to have to agree with you: the changes to support
double-buffering in emacs are far more extensive than I initially
thought, so bugs are definitely possible.

Robert