Subject: 26.1.50; python.el: font-locking and multiline editing

From: Carlos Pita <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 13:15:13 -0300

When doing multiline editing every other line but the last in the
current input is highlighted with comint-highlight-input face. I don't
like python font locking to be lost on previous inputs but that's more
of a matter of opinion. Now, that previous lines in the current input
immediately lose their python mode colors is too much, isn't it? Is
there any technical difficuly in coloring the entire input?

---

In GNU Emacs 26.1.50 (build 4, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-07-24 built on archlinux
Repository revision: f64c2774e96c755a5fddcbc49db65dcc3fcb9323
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12000000
Recent messages:
nil
Shell native completion is disabled, using fallback
Auto-saving...done
Saving file /home/carlos/.emacs.d/init.el...
Wrote /home/carlos/.emacs.d/init.el
nil
Shell native completion is disabled, using fallback
Input restored
next-line: End of buffer
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/carlos/local/stow/emacs-26
 --libexecdir=/home/carlos/local/stow/emacs-26/lib --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-xft --with-modules'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11
MODULES THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Inferior Python

Minor modes in effect:
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  compilation-shell-minor-mode: t
  xclip-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail cl-print semantic/wisent/python
semantic/db-mode semantic/decorate/include semantic/db-find
semantic/db-ref semantic/db eieio-base semantic/decorate/mode
semantic/decorate pulse semantic/format semantic/tag-ls semantic/ctxt
semantic/dep semantic/find semantic/wisent/python-wy rx noutline outline
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe misearch multi-isearch
autoload lisp-mnt vc-git whitespace term/xterm xterm server
display-line-numbers checkdoc pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-func
cedet dired dired-loaddefs pdf-isearch let-alist pdf-misc imenu
pdf-tools pdf-view bookmark pp jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util
image-mode cl-extra yasnippet elec-pair highlight-indentation
flymake-proc flymake warnings help-fns radix-tree help-mode elpy
find-file-in-project ivy delsel colir color ivy-overlay ffap thingatpt
windmove diff-mode easy-mmode elpy-shell pyvenv esh-var esh-io esh-cmd
esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode
esh-util elpy-profile elpy-django elpy-refactor subr-x python tramp-sh
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell pcomplete
parse-time format-spec advice json map grep compile comint ansi-color
files-x doom-themes-org doom-tomorrow-night-theme doom-themes
doom-themes-common company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags
xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-bbdb xclip
winner ring paren ido-completing-read+ memoize s cus-edit minibuf-eldef
ido gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums time-date mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit company
edmacro kmacro pcase cus-start cus-load finder-inf info package easymenu
epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 607621 37761)
 (symbols 48 42946 2)
 (miscs 40 893 562)
 (strings 32 120829 4101)
 (string-bytes 1 3388378)
 (vectors 16 65933)
 (vector-slots 8 1143124 29076)
 (floats 8 494 263)
 (intervals 56 1959 127)
 (buffers 992 32))