Subject: Re: bug#32300: [PATCH] database: Fix the builds limit issue.

From: Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2018 17:32:06 +0200

Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Danny,
>
> Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> The more complicated version is a LOT faster - and was added because
>> the version in this patch was just way too slow (unusably slow).
>>
>> I think it's better to also remove the call to db-get-outputs (and
>> the entry #:outputs) entirely.  I don't think our overview page even
>> shows the outputs in the first place, so why fetch them?
>
> As you can see on my test machine with a Berlin database, it's almost
> instantaneous.  Also, with my commit that merges the Derivations and the
> Builds tables, the queries are way lighter: they return about 100 builds
> per evaluation, instead of 20000.
>
> Plus, the outputs are used to get the build log.
>
> https://cuirass.lassieur.org:8081/jobset/guix-master

I just reverted to my own Cuirass config because my hard drive is too
small (256G...) to build everything.

And I added Tatiana's recent changes.

Clément