Subject: Re: bug#32300: [PATCH] database: Fix the builds limit issue.

From: Danny Milosavljevic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 12:46:26 +0200

Hi Clément,

On Sat, 04 Aug 2018 18:10:51 +0200
Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Fixes <https://bugs.gnu.org/32300>.
> >
> > * src/cuirass/database.scm (filters->order): New procedure.
> > (db-get-builds): Remove FORMAT-OUTPUT, CONS-OUTPUT, COLLECT-OUTPUTS,
> > FINISH-GROUP, SAME-GROUP?, GROUP-OUTPUTS procedures.  Remove the 'LEFT JOIN
> > Outputs' clause.  Use DB-GET-OUTPUTS for each build that was fetched.  
> 
> This may be less efficient because there are more SQL queries (one per
> output), but it's way less complicated and less buggy, so I think it's
> worth it.

The more complicated version is a LOT faster - and was added because
the version in this patch was just way too slow (unusably slow).

I think it's better to also remove the call to db-get-outputs (and
the entry #:outputs) entirely.  I don't think our overview page even
shows the outputs in the first place, so why fetch them?