Subject: Re: make postgresql find its plugins

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 22:36:47 +0200

Le Mon, 24 Sep 2018 13:23:38 +0200,
Gábor Boskovits <[email-masked]> a écrit :

> It works fine for me.
> 
> Some things I noticed while checking this:
> 1. postgresql contrib extensions should not be listed, and are
> working even without the patches. (This includes for example hstore,
> dblink,... see
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/contrib.html for the
> full list) Did not test if it is problem if one adds these to the
> config though. 2. I had postgis actually missing, due to a missing
> use module, but there was no complaint, system reconfigure went just
> fine, but creating extension postgis did not work. Can we add some
> way to check if the list supplied is sane?
> 3. contrib extensions also work fine with the patches applied.
> 4. I did not test if it works if we have more than one extension, but
> it looks good.
> If we have any other extension packaged, we could take a look.
> 5. Do you think we should add a test?
> 6. I got a warning that the first patch introduces whitespace errors
> on current master. Is that ok?

Pushed on staging since the changes to postgresql requires a lot of
rebuilds.

The whitespace error is located in parts of the patch I can't change.
I've also added a sentence to the manual to make it clear that you
should list packages and not extensions themselves, and that you don't
need to add contrib extensions in the field. Otherwise, I think I've
addressed all your comments :)

Thank you for your review!