Subject: Re: bug#32280: 26.1; FLYSPELL-BUFFER sometimes misbehaves for some input in a large enough buffer

From: Agustin Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 15:20:33 +0200

On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 03:00:40AM +0300, Artem Boldarev wrote:
> Hello Agustin,
> 
> Thanks for your suggestion!
> 
> Unfortunately, it does not work on my system with 'emacs -Q'. So, somehow I
> need to manually configure my dictionaries anyway. I will consider replacing
> 'ispell-dictionary-alist'with 'ispell-local-dictionary-alist' in my
> configuration. Thank you for pointing out.

Hi,

I am using your example file with emacs -Q (Emacs 25) and had no problems,
flyspell-buffer works as expected after setting ispell-program-name to
hunspell and set ru_RU as dict (hunspell 1.6.2 here).

Local Ispell dictionary set to ru_RU
Starting new Ispell process hunspell with ru_RU dictionary...
Checking region...
Spell Checking...100% [laborum]
Spell Checking completed.

The auto-detected values for hunspell ru_RU are

(ru_RU [[:alpha:]] [^[:alpha:]]  t (-d ru_RU) nil utf-8)

Wonder why otherchars is not shown.

> The codepage I specified in the configuration, as it seems, is not the
> problem as spell checking works fine *most* of the time. I could spellcheck
> large amounts of text without any issues. It seems that hunspell always uses
> utf-8 internally, but I am not sure: I will try to investigate this.

Seems I was wrong, it is a long time since I digged there.

¿What happens if you use "[[:alpha:]]" and "[^[:alpha:]]" instead if the
explicit character strings "[АБВГДЕЁЖЗИЙКЛМНОПРСТУФХЦЧШЩЬЫЪЭЮЯабвгдеёжзийклмнопрстуфхцчшщьыъэюя]"
and "[^АБВГДЕЁЖЗИЙКЛМНОПРСТУФХЦЧШЩЬЫЪЭЮЯабвгдеёжзийклмнопрстуфхцчшщьыъэюя]"?

Regards,

-- 
Agustin