Subject: bug#32280: 26.1; FLYSPELL-BUFFER sometimes misbehaves for some input in a large enough buffer

From: Artem Boldarev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 03:00:40 +0300

Hello Agustin,

Thanks for your suggestion!

Unfortunately, it does not work on my system with 'emacs -Q'. So, 
somehow I need to manually configure my dictionaries anyway. I will 
consider replacing 'ispell-dictionary-alist'with 
'ispell-local-dictionary-alist' in my configuration. Thank you for 
pointing out.

The codepage I specified in the configuration, as it seems, is not the 
problem as spell checking works fine *most* of the time. I could 
spellcheck large amounts of text without any issues. It seems that 
hunspell always uses utf-8 internally, but I am not sure: I will try to 
investigate this.

By the way, I was able to reproduce the problem on the official Windows 
build of the Emacs with a different version of Hunspell and dictionaries 
from LibreOffice.

> You should not set `ispell-dictionary-alist' yourself. If you really need an
> entry with special features, add it to `ispell-local-dictionary-alist',
> better with an ad-hoc name.
>
>>            '(("en_GB"
>>               "[A-Za-z]" "[^A-Za-z]"
>>               "[']" nil ("-d en_GB") nil iso-8859-1)
>>
>>              ("ru_RU"
>>   "[АБВГДЕЁЖЗИЙКЛМНОПРСТУФХЦЧШЩЬЫЪЭЮЯабвгдеёжзийклмнопрстуфхцчшщьыъэюя]"
>>   "[^АБВГДЕЁЖЗИЙКЛМНОПРСТУФХЦЧШЩЬЫЪЭЮЯабвгдеёжзийклмнопрстуфхцчшщьыъэюя]"
>>               "[-]" nil ("-d ru_RU") nil utf-8)
> As far as I know hunspell-ru is encoded in koi8-r (at least in Debian
> lo-dicts), but you declare it as utf-8. Unless your dict is indeed in utf-8
> and declared as such, this may be the problem.
>
> ¿What happens if you comment all your "(setq ispell-dictionary-alist ... )"
> stuff and just trust the list of available dictionaries provided by Emacs
> (Tools/Spellchecking/Change dictionary), selecting ru_RU from it?
>
> Regards,
>