Subject: Re: bug#32261: guix packages website: add mechanism to link to individual packages

From: Paul Wise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 08:11:52 +0800

On Tue, 2018-07-24 at 16:52 +0000, Nils Gillmann wrote:

> It is not just repology, but easy linking to details for external
> parties/downstreams we need to point to somewhere.

Indeed.

> I think there were some remaining ideas for the new websites,
> where a package gets detail page on its own.

That sounds good to me and is how a number of distros do it.

> The pages are statically generated

In that case, perhaps when a package is updated in the VCS, the static
generation tool could be triggered to update just that package.

> the old "useful" page format was taking a very long time to load,
> with each release and increase of package count we got k more
> seconds. Nothing I'd like to go back to.

Agreed, going back to the previous version would not be useful.

-- 
bye,
pabs

https://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/