Subject: 27.0.50; Crash on minimizing/maximizing Emacs frame from taskbar [RHEL 6.8 GTK2]

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 08:06:28 -0400

Hello,

I have started seeing this crash in the past week I believe.

The crash happens when I randomly minimize/maximize the Emacs frame by
clicking on its tab in the OS taskbar. I am using RHEL 6.8.

I have yet to find a good recipe to recreate this programmatically.

xdisp.c:21236: Emacs fatal error: assertion failed: it->glyph_row == NULL
|| it->glyph_row->used[TEXT_AREA] == 0

Backtrace:
emacs[0x5bd0c2]

...

emacs[0x592ea5]
/lib64/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xfd)[0x32f4c1ed1d]

I'll next attempt to recreate this from gdb.

Here is my Emacs build information.

Emacs version: GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 11, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+
Version 2.24.23)
 of 2018-07-23, built using commit 57c4bc146b7e17b6f662604047cb5d10982f962c.

./configure options:
  --with-modules --prefix=/home/kmodi/usr_local/apps/6/emacs/master
'--program-transform-name=s/^ctags$/ctags_emacs/'
--enable-checking=yes,glyphs --enable-check-lisp-object-type
'CPPFLAGS=-I/home/kmodi/usr_local/6/include -I/usr/include/freetype2
-I/usr/include' 'CFLAGS=-ggdb3 -O0' 'CXXFLAGS=-ggdb3 -O0'
'LDFLAGS=-L/home/kmodi/usr_local/6/lib -L/home/kmodi/usr_local/6/lib64
-ggdb3'

Features:
  XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK2 X11 MODULES THREADS

-- 

Kaushal Modi