Subject: bug#32258: 27.0.50; Crash on minimizing/maximizing Emacs frame from taskbar [RHEL 6.8 GTK2]

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 09:42:35 -0400

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 3:35 PM Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> I'll still leave that emacsclient session running with gdb attached -  I
> hope to catch this Heisenbug. Funny, I see like 6-7 crashes in the past
> week. And the moment I report it, it gets scared and goes away.
>

Looks like emacs crashed overnight. On doing bt in gdb, I got this:

(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000032f580f6ab in raise () from /lib64/libpthread.so.0
#1  0x000000000059118c in terminate_due_to_signal (sig=6,
backtrace_limit=2147483647) at emacs.c:399
#2  0x00000000006264e9 in die (msg=0x729930 "it->glyph_row == NULL ||
it->glyph_row->used[TEXT_AREA] == 0",
    file=0x724dfd "xdisp.c", line=21236) at alloc.c:7293
#3  0x0000000000483e19 in maybe_produce_line_number (it=0x7ffea6f395e0) at
xdisp.c:21236
#4  0x000000000048486e in display_line (it=0x7ffea6f395e0, cursor_vpos=24)
at xdisp.c:21459
#5  0x00000000004775d5 in try_window (window=..., pos=..., flags=0) at
xdisp.c:17735
#6  0x0000000000473dc8 in redisplay_window (window=...,
just_this_one_p=false) at xdisp.c:16919
#7  0x000000000046d315 in redisplay_window_0 (window=...) at xdisp.c:14939
#8  0x0000000000649791 in internal_condition_case_1 (bfun=0x46d2d3
<redisplay_window_0>, arg=..., handlers=...,
    hfun=0x46d29b <redisplay_window_error>) at eval.c:1373
#9  0x000000000046d26d in redisplay_windows (window=...) at xdisp.c:14919
#10 0x000000000046d223 in redisplay_windows (window=...) at xdisp.c:14913
#11 0x000000000046bd41 in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:14402
#12 0x000000000046c991 in redisplay_preserve_echo_area (from_where=8) at
xdisp.c:14732
#13 0x00000000005ab154 in detect_input_pending_run_timers (do_display=true)
at keyboard.c:9916
#14 0x00000000006b255a in wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=0,
nsecs=0, read_kbd=-1, do_display=true,
    wait_for_cell=..., wait_proc=0x0, just_wait_proc=0) at process.c:5521
#15 0x000000000059d358 in kbd_buffer_get_event (kbp=0x7ffea6f3ec38,
used_mouse_menu=0x7ffea6f3f25f, end_time=0x0)
    at keyboard.c:3813
#16 0x0000000000598527 in read_event_from_main_queue (end_time=0x0,
local_getcjmp=0x7ffea6f3f040,
    used_mouse_menu=0x7ffea6f3f25f) at keyboard.c:2122
#17 0x000000000059881e in read_decoded_event_from_main_queue (end_time=0x0,
local_getcjmp=0x7ffea6f3f040,
    prev_event=..., used_mouse_menu=0x7ffea6f3f25f) at keyboard.c:2185
#18 0x000000000059a525 in read_char (commandflag=1, map=...,
prev_event=..., used_mouse_menu=0x7ffea6f3f25f,
    end_time=0x0) at keyboard.c:2773
#19 0x00000000005a948d in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x7ffea6f3f3d0,
prompt=..., dont_downcase_last=false,
    can_return_switch_frame=true, fix_current_buffer=true,
prevent_redisplay=false) at keyboard.c:9108
#20 0x0000000000596329 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1338
#21 0x00000000006496ba in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x595edc
<command_loop_1>, handlers=...,
    hfun=0x59555c <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1349
#22 0x0000000000595b0f in command_loop_2 (ignore=...) at keyboard.c:1079
#23 0x0000000000648c14 in internal_catch (tag=..., func=0x595ae6
<command_loop_2>, arg=...) at eval.c:1114
#24 0x0000000000595ab1 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1058
#25 0x000000000059506e in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:703
#26 0x0000000000595250 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:774
#27 0x0000000000592ea5 in main (argc=2, argv=0x7ffea6f3f898) at emacs.c:1722

I cannot tell if it's that same assertion error. But the error seems to
have happened around the same area.. something with glyphs and displaying
line numbers.

I'll leave that gdb open. Let me know what more information I can give you
from that session.

Thanks!
-- 

Kaushal Modi