Subject: bug#32258: 27.0.50; Crash on minimizing/maximizing Emacs frame from taskbar [RHEL 6.8 GTK2]

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 15:04:56 -0400

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 2:55 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> Then start Emacs via emacsclient as you usually do, and then
> immediately attach GDB to it with "gdb -p PID" where PID is the
> process ID of the Emacs process (NOT the emacsclient process!).

Thanks. I was able to link gdb to the emacs process (Though, the only
process containing "emacs" string was "emacs --daemon". I believe
emacsclient launches that? I did not find a separate emacsclient process.)

> When GDB shows its prompt "(gdb)", type "continue RET" to let Emacs
> continue to run.  Then do whatever you did before to cause the abort,
> and GDB should kick in when you succeed.
>

I tried minimizing/maximizing the emacs frame quite a few times, but still
no luck making it crash. Very strange.

I think you can stop actively tracking this issue. I will update the issue
when that crash happens again, or just close this bug if no crash happens
in about a week :(.
-- 

Kaushal Modi