Subject: bug#32258: 27.0.50; Crash on minimizing/maximizing Emacs frame from taskbar [RHEL 6.8 GTK2]

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 11:55:54 -0400

Hello Eli,

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 10:39 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> You don't need to set breakpoints when you know Emacs will crash (or
> abort due to an assertion violation, which has the same effect).  Just
> run Emacs, and when the assertion violation happens, GDB will kick in
> automatically, and you will be able to display the C backtrace, look
> at related variables, etc.
>

Thanks. I did not know that. I was just living by my notes. The only time I
use gdb is to report Emacs bugs.

But now that I have emacs running through gdb, I am failing to get that
crash.. and without that, I got that crash 4 times since yesterday (and 2-3
times in the past week).

I use emacsclient by default. But in gdb I run ./emacs. Based on the
assertion failure in:

,-------- #21236 -- /home/kmodi/downloads/git/emacs/src/xdisp.c ---
| eassert (it->glyph_row == NULL || it->glyph_row->used[TEXT_AREA] == 0);
`-------- #21236 -- 2018/07/24 -- kmodi

would that make any difference?

If yes, how do I run emacsclient from gdb?
-- 

Kaushal Modi