Subject: Re: [bug#32256] [PATCH] gnu: Add nudoku.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 18:45:11 +0200

Kei,

Just an aside on this important matter.

Kei Kebreau wrote:
>> +    (description "nudoku is a ncurses based sudoku game.")
>
> I'd use "@code{nudoku}" here because it's the name of a program.

While there's some precedent in Guix for using @code{} for marking 
up package names when they'll be used mainly in actual source code 
(e.g. @code{My::Perl::Module}), that's a specific case with a 
specific rationale.

A more suitable tag here would be @command{}. However, there seems 
to be an informal(?) consensus not to use it when talking about 
the package as a whole/project, but only when referring to the 
actual command (binary) itself. Some descriptions don't follow 
that convention, though, so it's at best a grey area.

I don't think programme names should be marked up all purdy just 
for being programmes.

Kind regards,

T G-R