Subject: Re: bug#32252: [PATCH] %o and %x now format signed numbers

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 17:29:33 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 19:44:33 -0700
> 
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Please don't put bug numbers in NEWS.  If some bug is important for
> > NEWS (I doubt that it ever could be), describe it instead.
> 
> Sorry, I didn't know that. Should I remove the existing bug numbers in NEWS? 

Yes, please, but if the details were left off the rest of the text
because the bug reference was supposed to serve instead, please now
add some minimal details to make the entry speak for itself.  (I can
do this myself, if you prefer that.)

Thanks.

P.S. I never said anything to this effect until now because I didn't
realize bug numbers are being added to NEWS in the absence of any
guidance to the contrary.