Subject: bug#32248: 27.0; (elisp) `Indentation Commands': Bad formatting

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 22:13:50 -0400

retitle 32248 (emacs) `Indentation Commands': Bad formatting
severity 32248 minor
quit

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> Some of the key descriptions do not use the correct font: <TAB>, <LEFT>,
> and <RIGHT>.
>
> You can see this more easily in the HTML version:
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Indentation-Commands.html

The corresponding texinfo source has:

    adjusting the indentation of the affected lines interactively.  While
    this transient mode is active, typing @key{LEFT} or @key{RIGHT}
    indents leftward and rightward, respectively, by one space.  You can
    also type @kbd{S-@key{LEFT}} or @kbd{S-@key{RIGHT}} to indent leftward

It seems that @key{} by itself just puts angle brackets around the key,
without changing font.  @kbd{} translates into <kbd> tags.  So I think
the formatting is as intended.