Subject: bug#32247: HandBrake shows no icons

From: Eric Bavier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 08:17:35 -0500

You did nothing wrong. This is the current state of the ghb GUI, unfortunately.  I got less than no help from the Handbrake developers the last time I tried to fix it. It's possible the package is just missing the right image decider plugin.

The gstreamer warning has not caused a problem for me before, but would obviously be nice to fix.

I think there's a version upgrade available.  Might be a good time to visit that and these issues together.

`~Eric

On July 22, 2018 3:07:55 PM CDT, Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>right now I tried out the ghb binary from our handbrake package.
>It starts, but shows no icons. Even after installing
>adwaita-icon-theme,
>nothing changes. Do I do anything wrong, or is there a bug in the
>package?
>Also, there is a scary warning that gstreamer could not be initialised
>(see the abbreviated output of the command below).
>
>Thanks for your help,
>
>Andreas
>
>
>...
>(ghb:11186): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 22:06:34.168:
>gtk_icon_theme_add_builtin_icon: assertion 'GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)'
>failed
>
>(ghb:11186): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 22:06:34.168: g_object_unref:
>assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
>
>(ghb:11186): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: 22:06:34.169:
>gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion 'GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed
>
>(ghb:11186): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 22:06:34.169:
>gtk_icon_theme_add_builtin_icon: assertion 'GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)'
>failed
>
>(ghb:11186): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 22:06:34.169: g_object_unref:
>assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
>
>(ghb:11186): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: 22:06:34.169:
>gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion 'GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed
>
>(ghb:11186): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 22:06:34.169:
>gtk_icon_theme_add_builtin_icon: assertion 'GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)'
>failed
>
>(ghb:11186): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 22:06:34.169: g_object_unref:
>assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
>
>(ghb:11186): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: 22:06:34.169:
>gdk_pixbuf_get_height: assertion 'GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed
>
>(ghb:11186): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 22:06:34.169:
>gtk_icon_theme_add_builtin_icon: assertion 'GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)'
>failed
>
>(ghb:11186): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 22:06:34.169: g_object_unref:
>assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
>GLib-GIO-Message: 22:06:34.294: Using the 'memory' GSettings backend. 
>Your settings will not be saved or shared with other applications.
>** Message: 22:06:34.475: Couldn't initialize gstreamer. Disabling live
>preview.

-- 
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.