Subject: bug#32246: closed (Re: bug#32246: 27.0.50; files-tests failure on Cygwin)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 21:35:02 +0000

Your bug report

#32246: 27.0.50; files-tests failure on Cygwin

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32246: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32246
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#32246: 27.0.50; files-tests failure on Cygwin
From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 17:34:17 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 7/27/2018 5:32 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
> Pushed as commit 81d6418e6b.  Closing.

Really closing.

Subject: 27.0.50; files-tests failure on Cygwin
From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 14:10:30 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm getting a failure of
files-tests-file-name-non-special-file-name-case-insensitive-p on
Cygwin:

Test files-tests-file-name-non-special-file-name-case-insensitive-p 
backtrace:
   signal(ert-test-failed (((should (equal (file-name-case-insensitive-
   ert-fail(((should (equal (file-name-case-insensitive-p nospecial) (f
   (if (unwind-protect (setq value-532 (apply fn-530 args-531)) (setq f
   (let (form-description-534) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-532 (app
   (let ((value-532 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-533)) (let (form-descr
   (let* ((fn-530 #'equal) (args-531 (condition-case err (let ((signal-
   (progn (let* ((fn-530 #'equal) (args-531 (condition-case err (let ((
   (unwind-protect (progn (let* ((fn-530 #'equal) (args-531 (condition-
   (let* ((temporary-file-directory (file-truename temporary-file-direc
   (closure (t) nil (let* ((temporary-file-directory (file-truename tem
   ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
   ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name files-tests-file-name-non-special-fil
   ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (tag :unstable))
   ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
   ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
   ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
   eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (tag :unstable))))
   command-line-1(("-L" ":../../master/test" "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/file
   command-line()
   normal-top-level()
Test files-tests-file-name-non-special-file-name-case-insensitive-p 
condition:
     (ert-test-failed
      ((should
        (equal
         (file-name-case-insensitive-p nospecial)
         (file-name-case-insensitive-p tmpfile)))
       :form
       (equal t nil)
       :value nil :explanation
       (different-atoms t nil)))
    FAILED  40/78 
files-tests-file-name-non-special-file-name-case-insensitive-p (0.003135 
sec)

A bisection shows that the problem started with the following commit:

commit e75c57f10ee9418599398361b0676f48d265fb12
Author: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date:   Sun Jun 3 14:30:41 2018 +0200

     Extend file-name-non-special

Please let me know what I can do to help track this down.

Ken

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 21, x86_64-unknown-cygwin, GTK+ Version 3.22.28)
  of 2018-07-22 built on moufang
Repository revision: f3f67cf0b9a6388d423e048a7aafad2eb531b5a5
Windowing system distributor 'The Cygwin/X Project', version 11.0.12000000
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils elec-pair time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
gfilenotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 94354 9921)
  (symbols 48 20128 1)
  (miscs 40 39 93)
  (strings 32 28382 1874)
  (string-bytes 1 749578)
  (vectors 16 14231)
  (vector-slots 8 503648 13212)
  (floats 8 48 86)
  (intervals 56 207 0)
  (buffers 992 12))