Subject: bug#32246: 27.0.50; files-tests failure on Cygwin

From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 16:30:56 -0400

On 7/27/2018 3:30 PM, Michael Albinus wrote:

Hi Michael,

> LGTM.
> 
> I cannot build for cygwin myself. So if this patch fixes the error for
> you, you might commit.

Yes, it fixes the error.  But I'll wait for Eli's approval before 
committing.

> There's the other proposal from Eli, use the root of the volume. This
> would work also, but I don't know how to find the root of a volume
> easily.

I don't either.  And this would be especially tricky on Cygwin, where 
I'm not even sure what "volume" should mean.  For example, /proc and 
/cygdrive are case-insensitive on my system, even though I've set my 
system up to be case-sensitive otherwise.  So it seems that /proc and 
/cygdrive should be viewed as separate file systems.

Best regards,

Ken