Subject: Re: bug#32246: 27.0.50; files-tests failure on Cygwin

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 14:00:10 +0200

Ken Brown <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Ken,

> I've just uploaded one to my private Cygwin repository at

Thanks for this. However, I haven't been able to reproduce the
problem. I've tried it interactively, running ert over the tests in
files-tests.el. And I've tried it in a Gnome terminal, running

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ emacs -Q -batch -l /cygdrive/c/Users/lb01177/Downloads/files-tests.el --eval '(ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit (quote t))'
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In both cases, the error didn't happen.

Finally, I've tried it in bash, called directly from the MS Windows:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ /cygdrive/c/cygwin64/bin/emacs-nox -Q -batch -l /cygdrive/c/Users/lb01177/Downloads/files-tests.el --eval '(ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit (quote t))'
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In this case I've got two errors

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
2 unexpected results:
   FAILED  files-tests--copy-directory
   FAILED  files-tests--make-directory
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

But they are different from what you have reported.

How do you get this error? Note that I haven't the downloaded Emacs git
repository under cagwin, and so I cannot call make. But I would like to
know your environment, is it a desktop manager, or a terminal in an X11
environment, or just called from MS Windows.

> Thanks.
> Ken

Best regards, Michael.