Subject: bug#32245: Guix does not search sources locally by hash

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:41:14 +0200

Hi,

Björn Höfling <[email-masked]> skribis:

> $> ./pre-inst-env  guix build java-eclipse
> [..]
> @ build-started /gnu/store/lqfw971srfifgql68ibdgh58vi4d8fq3-java-eclipse-oxygen-3a-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz.drv - x86_64-linux /var/log/guix/drvs/lq//fw971srfifgql68ibdgh58vi4d8fq3-java-eclipse-oxygen-3a-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz.drv.bz2

[...]

> But it does NOT search locally. Because I already have:
>
> guix hash /gnu/store/56h6snwcawpzk6rhcwgk442wsx6k86q2-eclipse-java-oxygen-3a-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz
> 0m7y7jfm059w01x9j5b5qkinjjmhkyygpjabhjf19fg2smxmwcim

It does, but the file name matters.  In this case what you have is
“eclipse-java-…” but you’re trying to build “java-eclipse-…”.

So you first need to add the file to the store under its expected name.
You can do that for instance with:

  guix download file://…/java-eclipse-…

HTH!

Ludo’.