Subject: bug#3224: 23.0.92; vc-dir vs uniquify: wrong directory used

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 16:19:03 +0100

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 16:10, Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Does it work if you have multiple *vc-dir* buffers for the same
> directory?
>
> C-u C-x v d /tmp/test RET Bzr RET
> C-u C-x v d /tmp/test RET Git RET

In this case, uniquify is unable to "fix" the names (because they are
identical), and reverts to using "*vc-dir*" and "*vc-dir*<2>".

We could work around it, by using the backend name as part of the
path, but it's quite hackish and horrible (there's nothing precluding
a directory being named "git" or "bzr").

If such double-VCS directories are common, I'd suggest using it as
part of the buffer name: "*vc-dir* [Bazaar]", "*vc-dir* [Git]", etc.
But that's unrelated to #3224.

> I'm fine with it if you convince Stefan this is TRTD.

OK, thanks.

    Juanma