Subject: Re: bug#32218: 26.1; default-directory in TRAMP root has two slashes when using find-file-visit-truename

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 11:14:15 +0200

Allen Li <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Allen,

> 1. emacs -q
> 2. M-: (setq find-file-visit-truename t) RET
> 3. C-x C-f /sudo::/ RET
> 4. M-: default-directory RET
>
> Expected value: /sudo::/
> Actual: /sudo:://

Thanks for reporting this.

> I have attached a patch implementing this, made against emacs-26 since
> this is a straightforward bug fix.

Thanks for this. However, also `tramp-handle-file-truename' and
`tramp-adb-handle-file-truename' suffer from this bug. It was fixed
already in the master branch some months ago.

I have cherry-picked that fix back to the emacs-26 branch, could you pls
recheck that it works for you?

Best regards, Michael.