Subject: Re: bug#32214: [PATCH] 'message-kill-buffer': fix backup delete question

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 17:03:28 -0400

Sven Willner <[email-masked]> writes:

> hmm, having a second look into message-disassociate-draft, I am still
> not sure what is supposed to happen there.
>
> anyway, my motivation for the patch was to eliminate a rather annoying
> (since unnecessary) question to remove a non-existing backup/auto save
> file. here is the minimal patch (without any further changes to the
> code) doing so.
>
> I think, it makes sense to also check for the existing file-name to
> only remove a backup file if there is a properly saved message, too.

I'm not sure this patch is correct -- it's supposed to query if either
the automatic backup file exists, or a Gnus draft message exists, I
think?

If you're being queried, Message thinks that one of the two exists.
Both of them don't have to exist for the query to be relevant.

So I'm not sure quite what you're seeing here, and I'm never asked about
deleting non-existent draft files.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no