Subject: bug#32210: Support medium weighted fonts

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 16:28:25 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Not sure what exactly you are asking, but does font_style_to_value
> answer that?

No, that function is fine.

I'm asking: What are the semantics of the integers in weight_table?  Do
they have to match up with numbers somewhere else?  The comment just
says that they have to be monotonically increasing, but not what their
meaning is.

If I change

  { 210, { "black", "heavy" }},

to

  { 212, { "black", "heavy" }},

changing to the "black" weight still works.  If I change it to

  { 215, { "black", "heavy" }},

it no longer works, and the font machinery chooses the "normal" font
instead...  which is at 100.  

So I'm guessing the numbers are used in font_score somehow, but the
logic is oblique.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no