Subject: bug#32194: [PATCH] Use Gnulib regex for lib-src

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2018 20:58:22 -0400

Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 07/31/2018 06:10 PM, Noam Postavsky wrote:
>> Hmm, I did use it just last year I think, to look at some deep
>> backtracing regexps.  It printed some stuff, though it's possible it
>> didn't print everything correctly;
>
> I gave up on it when it broke my build and I quickly looked at it and
> the output appeared to be not that useful. Perhaps you were compiling
> with different options.

I just tried again now, and it still compiles, but it does print a whole
bunch of warnings.  I seem to recall seeing you normally build with
-Werror, so maybe that's why it failed for you?

>> I was more interested in the amount
>> of printing than the precise details of the regexp engine state.
>
> If there's a real need for it I could put it back in. (I hope there
> isn't, though. :-)

I think it might make sense to hold onto it, but I don't feel very
strongly about it.