Subject: bug#32192: closed (Re: [bug#32192] [PATCH 0/7] Remove duplicated packages.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 17:05:03 +0000

Your bug report

#32192: [PATCH 0/7] Remove duplicated packages.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32192: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32192
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#32192] [PATCH 0/7] Remove duplicated packages.
From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
To: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 18:04:37 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 09:27:45PM +0100, Christopher Baines wrote:
>> The following patches attempt to remove the duplicates, favouring the
>> original package definition.
>
> I sent one comment, otherwise the patches LGTM.

Thanks, I've now fixed that issue and pushed :)

Subject: [PATCH 0/7] Remove duplicated packages.
From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 21:27:45 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

As part of messing up packaging Ruby on Rails, I ended up duplicating
some packages, and this prompted me to look if any duplicates made it in
to guix. I ran the following command, it produces a few false positives.

  grep define-public -R | sort | uniq -d

The following patches attempt to remove the duplicates, favouring the
original package definition.

Is there any way of guarding against adding these, or more accurately
checking for duplicate definitions?