Subject: Re: [bug#32185] [PATCH 0/1] Fix Julia package.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 11:28:22 +0200

Hello,

Pierre-Antoine Rouby <[email-masked]> skribis:

> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Ludovic Courtès" <[email-masked]>
>> You were looking at test failures, not build failures, right?
>
> Yes, tests could failed at execution.

And still do.

>> In the end do you think changing LLVM versions had an effect at all?
>
> Yes, 'llvm' has been update to 6.0.1, but Julia need llvm on version 3.9.
> With [email-masked]' I'm able to build Julia but with [email-masked]' the build phase
> failed.

Understood.  I’ve applied the patch.

For posterity, using ‘llvm’ (version 6.0), Julia failed to build with:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
    [34mCC[0m [33msrc/codegen.o[0m
/tmp/guix-build-julia-0.6.0.drv-0/julia-0.6.0/src/codegen.cpp:39:45: fatal error: llvm/Target/TargetSubtargetInfo.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [Makefile:144: codegen.o] Error 1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thanks!

Ludo’.