Subject: bug#32183: New ‘guix pull’ /root/.config/current/bin/guix: Permission denied

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 14:57:53 +0200

Hello,

Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> I believe commit ed9d7cb4d95f8f4776e6fee2778ab52bc2852969 fixes it.
>>
>> That is, if you run ‘guix pull’ as root and then start
>> ~/.config/guix/current/bin/guix-daemon, everything should be fine.
> Let's say the bug seems to be elsewhere now ;-)
>
> When I try to build something after following your instructions, I get
> the error message
>
> /gnu/store/bkkf11ixn67cwcw05nw9w9yd68i4jf23-guix-daemon-0.15.0-5.1d0be47/libexec/guix/download:
> line 8: /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/bin/guix: No
> such file or directory

Hmm you might need to run, say, ‘guix pull -l’, to make this script
magically appear.  :-)

Concretely, the new ‘guix pull’ migrates things from ~/.config/guix to
/var/guix/profiles the first time you run it, but it may be that you
haven’t yet run the *new* ‘guix pull’.

HTH,
Ludo’.