Subject: bug#32173: 26.1; wdired: broken 'wdired-use-interactive-rename'

From: Enrico Scholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 15:28:29 +0200

Hi,

wdired seems to misbehave when 'wdired-use-interactive-rename' is
active:

1. create scratch directory with a file

   mkdir /tmp/test
   cd /tmp/test
   touch foo.c

2. start emacs

   LC_ALL=C emacs -Q -nw

3. set option above

   M-: (setq wdired-use-interactive-rename t)

4. go into the folder

   C-x C-f /tmp/test

   emacs will show

   | /tmp/test:
   | total used in directory 0 available 4023272
   | drwxrwxr-x.  2 ensc ensc  60 Jul 16 15:16 .
   | drwxrwxrwt. 18 root root 600 Jul 16 15:17 ..
   | -rw-rw-r--.  1 ensc ensc   0 Jul 16 14:58 foo.c

5. enter wdired mode

   C-x C-q

6. replace 'foo' with 'test'; e.g.

   test M-d

7. commit it

   C-c C-c

---> emacs asks

| Move `c' to `test.c'? [Type yn!q or C-h]

or

| Move `.' to `test.c'? [Type yn!q or C-h]

(seems to differ slightly when repeating step 6).  Buffer content is
malformed too (first two lines are merged, or whitespace between time
and filename is removed).

Confirming with 'y' will make the operation fail because the requested
source file does not exist.

Without the interactive rename, things seem to be fine.

Enrico
----------------------------
In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.32)
 of 2018-05-31 built on koji-builder4.intern.sigma-chemnitz.de
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11906000

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk
 --with-gpm=no --with-modules build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong
 -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic
 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11 MODULES THREADS LCMS2