Subject: bug#32169: 27.0.50; Wishlist: cleanup of thread-last-error

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 17:55:31 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Eli,

>> > How about having thread-last-error clear the error as a side effect,
>> > perhaps when called with an optional argument?
>
> Should be easy to do, I think.

[...]

> I was certain we had on master a function ti return the main thread,
> but I guess I was dreaming.  We could easily add it, though.

Do you want to do it, or shall I? I know, you are overloaded ...

master or emacs-26 branch? I believe threads are not used widely, so we
won't break any code with Emacs 26.

> In any case, I think it could be a good idea to describe this
> technique in the ELisp manual.

Will do, once the changes above have arrived.

>> PS: Maybe I shall push this to a git branch, giving people a chance for
>> early tests. `find-file-noselect' survives already in simple cases, w/o
>> an Emacs crash.
>
> SGTM, thanks.

Later this week. Tomorrow, or on Wednesday, I'll be busy with merging
shadowfile.el.

Best regards, Michael.