Subject: Re: seek out of range

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 09:30:07 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> I’m getting this bug on berlin.guixsd.org.  The store is several hundred
> GB in size.  I cannot reproduce this on a machine with a smaller store.

This is not correct.  I cannot reproduce this on a machine where
deduplication has been disabled.

> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> In guix/store/deduplication.scm:
>     62:18  1 (nar-sha256 _)
> In unknown file:
>            0 (seek #<output: string 11b20e0> 0 1)
>
> ERROR: In procedure seek:
> Value out of range -2147483648 to 2147483647: 4770726968
> @ hook-failed /gnu/store/qjxwff3fajh350chpswbb6x9q2m4c3sd-texlive-texmf-2017.drv - 256 builder for `/gnu/store/qjxwff3fajh350chpswbb6x9q2m4c3sd-texlive-texmf-2017.drv' failed with exit code 1
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Line 62 is (port-position wrapper).  “seek” takes an integer as the
offset and the range it reports is that of the minimum and maximum
values of a 32 bit integer.

So… does this mean that we need some other way of counting written bytes
to get rid of “counting-wrapper-port”?

On berlin.guixsd.org I may have to temporarily disable deduplication.

--
Ricardo