Subject: bug#32157: Emacs 26.1.50: Error in post-command-hook (icomplete-post-command-hook): (void-function set-message-beep)

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 21:24:54 -0400

> In step 3, it seems that ONLY THE FIRST tab key produce the error 
> message for a emacs instance. Pressing the tab key twice, it will show 
> the completion window with content as following:

In my tests, the first TAB already brings up the completion you describe
(and doesn't signal any error).

> Why these symbols are visible on GNU/Linux?

Because these are functions defined in Elisp files available in
load-path, so they can be loaded (and you can subsequently call them)
even on GNU/Linux (at that point, they likely won't work as expected
because their implementation depends on underlying features only
provided by the w32 part of the C code).

In some unlikely hypothetical future, they could even be useful if we
can manage to build a GNU/Linux version of Emacs which links with Wine
to display w32 frames.

> Is there something wrong with my build commands?

No,

        Stefan