Subject: bug#32148: closed (Re: bug#32148: 27.0.50; Shell is getting characters when enlarging window)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 21:38:02 +0000

Your bug report

#32148: 27.0.50; Shell is getting characters when enlarging window

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32148: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32148
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#32148: 27.0.50; Shell is getting characters when enlarging window
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: James Engel <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 23:37:34 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> It seems like we need more information to be able to reproduce this
> bug.  Could you take a look at the questions above by Eli Zaretskii and
> report back?

More information was requested, but none was given within 12 weeks, so
I'm closing this as unreproducible.  If you're still seeing this,
please reopen the bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: 27.0.50; Shell is getting characters when enlarging window
From: James Engel <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 13:50:07 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I cloned from git the latest version of emacs.
I start emacs without an init file to be sure nothing in there is causing the issue.
If I start a shell and split the window horizontally I get > > characters on the command line in 
the shell. It doesn’t matter if I shrink/enlarge vertically or horizontally I get the same
characters. The more times I do that the > > characters are added.
Any idea why this is occurring and/or how to fix it?

In GNU Emacs 27.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
 of 2018-07-13 built on gridl054.pok.ibm.com
Repository revision: aeefbc41be093ceb1222d9b430fb44b69de660e2
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11300000
System Description: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation release 6.4 (Santiago)

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
You can run the command  enlarge-window-horizontally  with C-x } [4 times]

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/afs/apd/projects/alacrite/development/emacs/emacs-27.0.50
 --exec-prefix=/afs/apd/projects/alacrite/development/emacs/emacs-27.0.50
 --with-gif=no --with-gnutls=no'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11
THREADS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils shell pcase easy-mmode derived edmacro
kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib pcomplete comint ansi-color ring elec-pair
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 108530 8895)
 (symbols 48 20869 1)
 (miscs 40 103 142)
 (strings 32 31309 1923)
 (string-bytes 1 2181363)
 (vectors 16 15219)
 (vector-slots 8 515997 7484)
 (floats 8 56 61)
 (intervals 56 745 711)
 (buffers 992 14)
 (heap 1024 42057 3264))

-- 
James Engel                                     Phone: (802) 769-5644
IBM Inc. 
1000 River Road              
Essex Junction, Vermont, 05452                  Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>.com