Subject: bug#32147: secrets tests sometimes fail

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 12:56:11 -0400

Package: emacs
Severity: minor
Version: 27.0.50

Hi,

With current master on rhel 7.5, I sometimes (?) get secrets test failures.
Something to do with "Login" v "login"?
Thanks!

Running 5 tests (2018-07-13 09:38:03-0700, selector `(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))')
   passed  1/5  secrets-test00-availability (0.006214 sec)
   passed  2/5  secrets-test01-sessions (0.011582 sec)
Test secrets-test02-collections backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((should (member "Login" (secrets-list-colle
  ert-fail(((should (member "Login" (secrets-list-collections))) :form
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x4e6d91>)()
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name secrets-test02-collections :documenta
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (or (tag :expensi
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable))) #f(co
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/net/secrets-tests" "
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test secrets-test02-collections condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (member "Login"
	       (secrets-list-collections)))
      :form
      (member "Login"
	      ("session" "login"))
      :value nil))
   FAILED  3/5  secrets-test02-collections (0.007323 sec)
Test secrets-test03-items backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed (((should (secrets-list-items "Login")) :form
  ert-fail(((should (secrets-list-items "Login")) :form (secrets-list-
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x3e56dd>)()
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name secrets-test03-items :documentation "
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (or (tag :expensi
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable))) #f(co
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/net/secrets-tests" "
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test secrets-test03-items condition:
    (ert-test-failed
     ((should
       (secrets-list-items "Login"))
      :form
      (secrets-list-items "Login")
      :value nil))
   FAILED  4/5  secrets-test03-items (0.015435 sec)
   passed  5/5  secrets-test04-search (0.064787 sec)

Ran 5 tests, 3 results as expected, 2 unexpected (2018-07-13 09:38:03-0700, 0.143435 sec)

2 unexpected results:
   FAILED  secrets-test02-collections
   FAILED  secrets-test03-items