Subject: bug#32144: 26.1; It seems not work fine with ~/.Xresources

From: [email-masked] (Byung-Hee HWANG (황병희, 黃炳熙))
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 22:26:01 +0900

I did install GNU Emacs on Ubuntu 18.04 via https://launchpad.net/~kelleyk/+archive/ubuntu/emacs. And i use internal input method of GNU Emacs for Korean by setting: (setq default-input-method "korean-hangul").

By several testing, i discoverd that ~/.Xresources does not work, as see below:

  Emacs.useXIM: off

[REFERENCES: https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/InputMethods]

(Actually above thing worked fine with GNU Emacs 23.3 on Ubuntu 12.04)

Still i do not know what problem is.

### my env begins here ###
(bionic)address@hidden:~$ sudo lsb_release -a
[sudo] password for soyeomul: 
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
Release:        18.04
Codename:       bionic
(bionic)address@hidden:~$ dpkg -l | grep emacs
ii  emacs26                                    26.1~1.git07f8f9b-kk1+18.04      
   arm64        GNU Emacs editor (with GTK+ user interface)
ii  emacs26-common                             26.1~1.git07f8f9b-kk1+18.04      
   all          GNU Emacs editor (common files used by Gtk and NoX variants)
ii  emacsen-common                             2.0.8                            
   all          Common facilities for all emacsen
(bionic)address@hidden:~$ uname -a
Linux localhost 3.18.0-14597-g61c88fee5b70 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 13 12:01:12 
PDT 2017 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux
### my env ends here ###

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 2, aarch64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-05-29 built on bos02-arm64-006
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description:	Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Recent messages:
(New file)
next-line: End of buffer [10 times]
previous-line: Beginning of buffer [27 times]
Auto-saving...done
next-line: End of buffer [9 times]
previous-line: Beginning of buffer [13 times]
Saving file /home/soyeomul/work/mail.txt...
Wrote /home/soyeomul/work/mail.txt
Mark set
Saved text from "I did install GNU Emacs on Ubuntu 18.04 "

Configured using:
 'configure --build=aarch64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 '--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
 '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
 --disable-silent-rules '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu'
 '--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu'
 --disable-maintainer-mode --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --program-suffix=26 --with-modules
 --with-file-notification=inotify --with-mailutils --with-x=yes
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets --with-lcms2 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs26-_4gHKE/emacs26-26.1~1.git07f8f9b=. -fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: POSIX
  value of $LANG: ko_KR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=nabi
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  cursor-sensor-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/textmodes/ispell

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sort hangul hanja-util quail gnus-cite mail-extr nnir
cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh nnfolder cl-extra help-mode network-stream
nsm auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs starttls
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail rmc puny seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu
mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit elec-pair edmacro kmacro
cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util korea-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 207353 22494)
 (symbols 48 28595 1)
 (miscs 40 135 251)
 (strings 32 59553 2757)
 (string-bytes 1 1760710)
 (vectors 16 31300)
 (vector-slots 8 1403378 218872)
 (floats 8 213 467)
 (intervals 56 521 92)
 (buffers 992 22))

-- 
^고맙습니다 _地平天成_ 감사합니다_^))//