Subject: Re: bug#32142: WG: 26.1; Problems with flyspell-region

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 18:44:00 +0300

> From: "R. Diez" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 17:15:12 +0200
> 
> > I object to the "unable or unwilling" part of your complaint.
> > I was just stating the fact that the feature you expected was > missing from Emacs, because no one designed and coded it.
> 
> My "complaining" and your "stating of the fact" are both subjective 
> perceptions.

No, a fact is not a subjective thing.

> My point of view is as follows: I took several e-mails to fix (if only 
> in the documentation) an obvious issue I had reported correctly and I 
> had to insist. Your answers were selective, side-stepping the problem. 
> Your tend to answer in an authoritative way, kind of supporting or 
> defending the current implementation, or negating the existence of a 
> problem. It is a frustrating exercise. This is not the first time that 
> this kind of "resistance" happens to me with open source projects, or 
> with the Emacs developers. It is in fact a recurring pattern.

What you perceive is "selective", "side-stepping", "authoritative",
and "defensive" responses were just my attempts at understanding the
issues in full, that's all.

> I guess we could start a new bug about ispell, couldn't we?

You could, yes.