Subject: vc-dir problem when committing removed file to bzr

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 22:58:54 -0500

Just had what seems to be a same problem as this (bug#3214) with the
trunk from 2010-01-10.

In the emacs admin/ directory, I did (from the command-line):

bzr remove revdiff

Then I edited the ChangeLog file, then did M-x vc-dir on the admin
directory.

In the resulting buffer, the ChangeLog was marked as modified, and
revdiff as removed.

I marked both files, hit `v', entered a log message, and tried to
commit. The vc-dir process finished with an error:

  Running bzr status ChangeLog in foreground...
  Running bzr status ChangeLog...OK = 0
  Running bzr status revdiff in foreground...
  vc-do-command: Running bzr status revdiff...FAILED (status 3)
  Matches vc-do-command: Running bzr status revdiff...FAILED (... [-1-]

I'm left with a vc-dir buffer which looks like:

*   up-to-date           ChangeLog
*   removed              revdiff

However, the commit to the repository did complete OK.