Subject: Re: bug#32108: 27.0.50; Insertion of char from input method during macro invocation duplicates the char

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 18:23:39 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 08:58:25 -0400
> 
> I haven't taken the time to look at the details of why read_char sees
> the character twice, but maybe we can use the (t . EVENT) format of
> events which says that EVENT shouldn't be recorded (tho I'm not sure
> it's the same form of "recording" and I'm not sure either that we can
> apply this trick to the right "copy" of the two).

I think I'm missing something: how does (t . EVENT) help us in this
case?  What we need is a way to distinguish between a character that
gets re-processed by quail.el from the use case described in the
reference mentioned in the log message of commit 30a6b1f, which was
the reason why we added the second call to record_char to read_char,
where previously there was none.  Don't both of these use cases use
the same machinery?

Thanks.