Subject: Re: bug#32106: 25.2: tabulated-list-resize-current-column [PATCH INCLUDED]

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 01:06:27 +0200

Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:

> The idea is to offer to emacs users a feature long-common in GUI
> tabulated list widgets - the ability to dynamically resize columns. I
> only use emacs in nox, so in my selfishness (and in my ignorance of most
> programming things GUI) that's all this function provides, but it's a
> start for anyone wanting to extend to that environment.

The code looks good to me -- Eli points out that it would be great if
you could mode the column sized with a mouse, too, but I think that's
kinda an orthogonal issue.  If somebody were to add a mouse-drag thing
for tabulated mode (and somebody should), then it looks like your
function would perhaps work well as the underlying function for that
command.

So unless anybody objects, I'd like to include this command in
tabulated-list.el (and add documentation, of course).

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no