Subject: [bug#32095] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: node: Update to 10.6.0.

From: Mathieu Lirzin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 18:36:18 +0200

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:

> We already have the latest libuv on 'core-updates'.

Indeed, I forgot to prune old branches and get confused.

>  I wanted to push
> this patch to master actually (with a libuv-1.23 package), but node does
> not work with OpenSSL 1.1.1:
> <https://github.com/nodejs/node/issues/18770>.

I have read rapidly this thread.

IIRC the build for node 10.xx was failing with ‘openssl’ which was the
reason of upgrading to ‘openssl-next’ and this issue seems to imply that
node fails to run with ‘openssl-next’?  Is that correct?

Have you recently tried to compile ‘node’ with libuv-1.23 without
upgrading the “openssl” input?  How did it work?

> So I wonder if we should downgrade to the 8.12 LTS release, which still
> supports OpenSSL 1.0, until the OpenSSL situation is sorted.  From what
> I can tell it might take a while.
>
> What do you think?

I think that ideally it would be a good idea to have both the latest and
the LTS versions distributed in Guix.  So I agree with your solution of
downgrading to 8.12 LTS.

-- 
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37