Subject: Re: [bug#32095] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: node: Update to 10.6.0.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 17:32:11 +0200

Mathieu Lirzin <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Mathieu Lirzin <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On master, the build failed with libuv 1.19.2, however with libuv 1.21.0
>> both the build and test suite succeed.
>
> Looking at the state of current branches, I think both ‘node’ and
> ‘libuv’ upgrades can pushed on ‘core-updates-next’.
>
> WDYT?

We already have the latest libuv on 'core-updates'.  I wanted to push
this patch to master actually (with a libuv-1.23 package), but node does
not work with OpenSSL 1.1.1:
<https://github.com/nodejs/node/issues/18770>.

So I wonder if we should downgrade to the 8.12 LTS release, which still
supports OpenSSL 1.0, until the OpenSSL situation is sorted.  From what
I can tell it might take a while.

What do you think?