Subject: Re: bug#32090: 26.1; connection-local-variables do not match as described

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2018 09:07:12 +0200

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Glenn,

> FWIW, I strongly suggest adopting the reverse philosophy: when you think
> a bug is fixed, close it, and invite the submitter to comment if it
> seems unfixed. There are just too many reports to do it the other way.
> A closed bug can still be corresponded with. (It gets archived after a
> month with no comments, which seems quite appropriate to me.)

I understand your concern. However, due to my daily job I'm socialized
to hear to testers carefully ...

I'm using the ELPA debbugs package for my Emacs workflow. Every bug I
care will be tagged locally. Showing the local tagged bugs (via
debbugs-gnu), I have all bugs of my todo list, just some few dozen. No
closed bug; when I bug is losed I remove the local tag.

When I fix a bug in the repository, I add the "fixed" marker, and ask
the OP for confirmation. If there is no answer for a while, a reminder
is sent. If there's still no confirmation, I close the bug.

Yes, fixed bugs need longer to be closed. But they are marked as fixed,
and they don't become forgotten  because they are still tagged
locally. I belief this is robust enough.

Best regards, Michael.