Subject: 26.1.50; tramp davs

From: Rajeev Narang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2018 14:16:53 -0400

Trying to open the following file fails:

"/davs:[email-masked]:/nextcloud/remote.php/webdav/QuickNote.md"

but I am able to mount the url directly using gvfs-mount. the username is [email-masked]

In GNU Emacs 26.1.50 (build 6, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-07-07 built on hp
Repository revision: fdd7e7d8a80f41336f048174d6d1929fb46d00a8
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (buster)

Recent messages:
Expiring articles...done
Saving /home/rajeev/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/rajeev/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/rajeev/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/rajeev/.newsrc.eld...done
Invoking man msmtp in the background
msmtp man page cleaned up
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Mark saved where search started

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/rajeev/tmp/build/emacs --with-modules
 --with-xwidgets 'LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib' 'CPPFLAGS=
 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/dvdnav''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-notifications-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  jabber-activity-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe tramp-adb
tramp-ftp help-fns radix-tree dired-aux tramp-cmds tramp-gvfs zeroconf
markdown-mode cl-print debug pcmpl-unix tcl tabify man conf-mode
lisp-mnt calc-alg calc-aent calc-yank calc-ext calc-menu calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs yaml-mode org-duration cal-iso view
bbdb-message mailalias sendmail url-http url-gw url-auth gnus-gravatar
gravatar url-cache sort gnus-cite shr-color color qp mm-archive
mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg cl-extra gnus-dup gnus-ml disp-table
sh-script smie files-x tramp-cache tramp-sh misearch multi-isearch
log-edit pcvs-util add-log vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs
vc-dir vc vc-dispatcher term/xterm xterm dirtrack face-remap adoc-mode
tempo markup-faces bbdb-anniv org-indent org-rmail org-mhe org-irc
org-info org-gnus nnir org-docview doc-view image-mode org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org-agenda appt utf-7 nnml network-stream nsm
bbdb-gnus nnfolder spam spam-stat hashcash gnus-uu yenc jka-compr
editorconfig rx semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet pinentry server
erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-button
erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-desktop-notifications erc-match
printing ps-print ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr rlogin ox-odt rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse
nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table
ox-ascii ox-publish ox holidays hol-loaddefs eww mm-url url-queue url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util shr svg ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme browse-url
ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l essd-els
ess-sas-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a executable ess-arc-d ess-vst-d ess-xls-d
ess-lsp-l ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars cc-defs make-regexp ess-sp6-d
ess-sp5-d ess-sp3-d ess-r-d ess-r-args assoc ess-s-l ess-inf ess-utils
ess-mode noweb-mode ess ess-custom ess-compat ess-site erc-services
erc-networks erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat el/macros el/cron
bitly thingatpt edmacro kmacro warnings compile time-stamp pp
elec-pair cus-edit cus-start cus-load vc-git diff-mode diary-lib
diary-loaddefs jabber-gmail jabber-otr json map jabber
jabber-notifications notifications jabber-libnotify dbus
jabber-awesome jabber-osd jabber-wmii jabber-xmessage jabber-festival
jabber-sawfish jabber-ratpoison jabber-tmux jabber-screen
jabber-socks5 jabber-ft-server jabber-si-server jabber-ft-client
jabber-ft-common jabber-si-client jabber-si-common jabber-feature-neg
jabber-truncate jabber-time jabber-autoaway jabber-vcard-avatars
jabber-chatstates jabber-events jabber-vcard jabber-avatar
jabber-activity jabber-watch jabber-modeline jabber-ahc-presence
jabber-ahc jabber-version jabber-ourversion jabber-muc-nick-completion
hippie-exp jabber-browse jabber-search jabber-register jabber-roster
jabber-presence jabber-muc jabber-bookmarks jabber-private
jabber-muc-nick-coloring hexrgb jabber-widget jabber-disco jabber-chat
jabber-history jabber-chatbuffer jabber-alert jabber-iq jabber-core
jabber-console sgml-mode dom ewoc jabber-keymap jabber-sasl sasl
sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain fsm jabber-logon jabber-conn srv
dns starttls jabber-xml xml jabber-menu jabber-util cl tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell org-element
avl-tree generator org advice org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm bbdb
bbdb-site timezone gnus-delay gnus-draft gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum nndraft
nnmh gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap tls gnutls utf7
netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-win nnmail gnus-int gnus-range
mail-source message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus wid-edit nnheader
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums time-date
mail-utils ind-util quail help-mode mm-util mail-prsvr timeclock time
which-func imenu xt-mouse icomplete autorevert filenotify el/util
el/util-diary cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs finder-inf info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded
nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1683639 174323)
 (symbols 48 66622 25)
 (miscs 40 1366 2853)
 (strings 32 269804 26308)
 (string-bytes 1 7831572)
 (vectors 16 125046)
 (vector-slots 8 2594437 99542)
 (floats 8 1488 1715)
 (intervals 56 156804 1331)
 (buffers 992 143))