Subject: bug#32085: closed (Re: bug#32085: 26.1.50; tramp davs)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 07:58:04 +0000

Your bug report

#32085: 26.1.50; tramp davs

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
32085: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32085
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#32085: 26.1.50; tramp davs
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Rajeev Narang <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 09:57:35 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Rajeev Narang <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Rajeev,

> Thank you very much for your effort and the providing the clarification.

I have added the following to the dav/davs entry in the Tramp manual:

     Paths being part of the WebDAV volume to be mounted by GVFS, as
     it is common for OwnCloud or NextCloud file names, are not
     supported by these methods.

I'm closing the bug.

> Regards,

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 26.1.50; tramp davs
From: Rajeev Narang <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2018 14:16:53 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Trying to open the following file fails:

"/davs:[email-masked]:/nextcloud/remote.php/webdav/QuickNote.md"

but I am able to mount the url directly using gvfs-mount. the username is [email-masked]

In GNU Emacs 26.1.50 (build 6, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.30)
 of 2018-07-07 built on hp
Repository revision: fdd7e7d8a80f41336f048174d6d1929fb46d00a8
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11906000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (buster)

Recent messages:
Expiring articles...done
Saving /home/rajeev/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/rajeev/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/rajeev/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/rajeev/.newsrc.eld...done
Invoking man msmtp in the background
msmtp man page cleaned up
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Mark saved where search started

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/rajeev/tmp/build/emacs --with-modules
 --with-xwidgets 'LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib' 'CPPFLAGS=
 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include/dvdnav''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-notifications-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  jabber-activity-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe tramp-adb
tramp-ftp help-fns radix-tree dired-aux tramp-cmds tramp-gvfs zeroconf
markdown-mode cl-print debug pcmpl-unix tcl tabify man conf-mode
lisp-mnt calc-alg calc-aent calc-yank calc-ext calc-menu calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs yaml-mode org-duration cal-iso view
bbdb-message mailalias sendmail url-http url-gw url-auth gnus-gravatar
gravatar url-cache sort gnus-cite shr-color color qp mm-archive
mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg cl-extra gnus-dup gnus-ml disp-table
sh-script smie files-x tramp-cache tramp-sh misearch multi-isearch
log-edit pcvs-util add-log vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs
vc-dir vc vc-dispatcher term/xterm xterm dirtrack face-remap adoc-mode
tempo markup-faces bbdb-anniv org-indent org-rmail org-mhe org-irc
org-info org-gnus nnir org-docview doc-view image-mode org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org-agenda appt utf-7 nnml network-stream nsm
bbdb-gnus nnfolder spam spam-stat hashcash gnus-uu yenc jka-compr
editorconfig rx semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet pinentry server
erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-button
erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-desktop-notifications erc-match
printing ps-print ps-print-loaddefs ps-def lpr rlogin ox-odt rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse
nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table
ox-ascii ox-publish ox holidays hol-loaddefs eww mm-url url-queue url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util shr svg ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme browse-url
ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb noweb-font-lock-mode ess-bugs-l essd-els
ess-sas-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a executable ess-arc-d ess-vst-d ess-xls-d
ess-lsp-l ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars cc-defs make-regexp ess-sp6-d
ess-sp5-d ess-sp3-d ess-r-d ess-r-args assoc ess-s-l ess-inf ess-utils
ess-mode noweb-mode ess ess-custom ess-compat ess-site erc-services
erc-networks erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat el/macros el/cron
bitly thingatpt edmacro kmacro warnings compile time-stamp pp
elec-pair cus-edit cus-start cus-load vc-git diff-mode diary-lib
diary-loaddefs jabber-gmail jabber-otr json map jabber
jabber-notifications notifications jabber-libnotify dbus
jabber-awesome jabber-osd jabber-wmii jabber-xmessage jabber-festival
jabber-sawfish jabber-ratpoison jabber-tmux jabber-screen
jabber-socks5 jabber-ft-server jabber-si-server jabber-ft-client
jabber-ft-common jabber-si-client jabber-si-common jabber-feature-neg
jabber-truncate jabber-time jabber-autoaway jabber-vcard-avatars
jabber-chatstates jabber-events jabber-vcard jabber-avatar
jabber-activity jabber-watch jabber-modeline jabber-ahc-presence
jabber-ahc jabber-version jabber-ourversion jabber-muc-nick-completion
hippie-exp jabber-browse jabber-search jabber-register jabber-roster
jabber-presence jabber-muc jabber-bookmarks jabber-private
jabber-muc-nick-coloring hexrgb jabber-widget jabber-disco jabber-chat
jabber-history jabber-chatbuffer jabber-alert jabber-iq jabber-core
jabber-console sgml-mode dom ewoc jabber-keymap jabber-sasl sasl
sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain fsm jabber-logon jabber-conn srv
dns starttls jabber-xml xml jabber-menu jabber-util cl tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell org-element
avl-tree generator org advice org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm bbdb
bbdb-site timezone gnus-delay gnus-draft gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-sum nndraft
nnmh gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap tls gnutls utf7
netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-win nnmail gnus-int gnus-range
mail-source message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus wid-edit nnheader
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums time-date
mail-utils ind-util quail help-mode mm-util mail-prsvr timeclock time
which-func imenu xt-mouse icomplete autorevert filenotify el/util
el/util-diary cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs finder-inf info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
cl-loaddefs cl-lib mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded
nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1683639 174323)
 (symbols 48 66622 25)
 (miscs 40 1366 2853)
 (strings 32 269804 26308)
 (string-bytes 1 7831572)
 (vectors 16 125046)
 (vector-slots 8 2594437 99542)
 (floats 8 1488 1715)
 (intervals 56 156804 1331)
 (buffers 992 143))