Subject: Re: bug#32085: 26.1.50; tramp davs

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 17:29:05 +0200

Rajeev Narang <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Rajev,

> trying to open
>
>     /davs:[email-masked]@www.sivalik.com:/nextcloud/remote.php/webdav/
>
> i get the following debug log with tramp-verbose set to 6.  i don't
> even get a prompt for the password.

Well, the traces say this:

> 19:00:33.903888 tramp-gvfs-maybe-open-connection (6) #
> dbus-call-method-asynchronously (:session org.gtk.vfs.Daemon
> /org/gtk/vfs/mounttracker org.gtk.vfs.MountTracker MountLocation
> ignore (:struct (:array :byte 47 :byte 110 :byte 101 :byte 120 :byte
> 116 :byte 99 :byte 108 :byte 111 :byte 117 :byte 100 :byte 0) (:array
> (:dict-entry type (:variant (:array :byte 100 :byte 97 :byte 118 :byte
> 0))) (:dict-entry host (:variant (:array :byte 119 :byte 119 :byte 119
> :byte 46 :byte 115 :byte 105 :byte 118 :byte 97 :byte 108 :byte 105
> :byte 107 :byte 46 :byte 99 :byte 111 :byte 109 :byte 0)))
> (:dict-entry ssl (:variant (:array :byte 116 :byte 114 :byte 117 :byte
> 101 :byte 0))) (:dict-entry user (:variant (:array :byte 114 :byte 97
> :byte 106 :byte 101 :byte 101 :byte 118 :byte 64 :byte 115 :byte 105
> :byte 118 :byte 97 :byte 108 :byte 105 :byte 107 :byte 46 :byte 99
> :byte 111 :byte 109 :byte 0))))) (:struct :string :1.883 :object-path
> /org/gnu/Emacs/Tramp/_2fdavs_3arajeev_40sivalik_2ecom_40www_2esivalik_2ecom_3a))
> 19:00:33.904244 tramp-gvfs-maybe-open-connection (6) # (:serial :session 21)
> 19:00:34.065159 tramp-gvfs-dbus-event-error (1) # File error: Not a
> WebDAV enabled share

I have no idea what's up.

(tramp-gvfs-file-name "/org/gnu/Emacs/Tramp/_2fdavs_3arajeev_40sivalik_2ecom_40www_2esivalik_2ecom_3a")
returns "/davs:[email-masked]@www.sivalik.com:", which looks OK to me.

How do you mount this directory with "gvfs-mount" (or "gio mount", the
modern variant of this command)?

Best regards, Michael.