Subject: 24.5; Electric behavior of dollar sign using AUCTeX

From: Patrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2018 16:56:07 -0600

See the following StackExchange question:
<a href="https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/42278/electric-behavior-of-dollar-sign-using-auctex">https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/42278/electric-behavior-of-dollar-sign-using-auctex</a>
Reporting as suggested by Joao Tavora.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.22)
 of 2015-09-18 on grousecreek.math.utah.edu
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11905000
System Description:	CentOS Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core) 

Configured using:
 `configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk2 --with-xaw3d --without-gif
 'CFLAGS=-m64 -I${prefix}/include' 'CPPFLAGS=-m64 -I${prefix}/include'
 'LDFLAGS=-L${libdir} -Wl,-rpath,${libdir}''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: LaTeX/MP

Minor modes in effect:
  text-scale-mode: t
  LaTeX-math-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading sendmail...done
Loading /usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/clsc.el (source)...done
Loading /usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/mono.el (source)...done
Loading isearch...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
test.tex has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
Source file `/u/ma/patrick/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.1.1/tex.el' newer than byte-compiled file
Applying style hooks...done
Sorting environment...done
Removing duplicates...done

Load-path shadows:
/u/ma/patrick/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.1.1/latex hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/latex
/u/ma/patrick/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.1.1/tex-site hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/tex-site
/u/ma/patrick/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.1.1/lpath hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/lpath
/u/ma/patrick/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.1.1/tex-info hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-info
/u/ma/patrick/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.1.1/latex hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/latex
/u/ma/patrick/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.1.1/multi-prompt hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/multi-prompt
/u/ma/patrick/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.1.1/tex hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex
/u/ma/patrick/.emacs.d/elpa/auctex-12.1.1/tex-buf hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-buf
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/latexinfo hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/style/latexinfo
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/make-regexp hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/ess/lisp/make-regexp
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/tempo hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/tempo
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/t-mouse hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/t-mouse
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/format-spec hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/format-spec
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/ruler-mode hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/ruler-mode
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/reftex-ref hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/reftex-ref
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/reftex-vars hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/reftex-vars
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/reftex-index hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/reftex-index
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/reftex-cite hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/reftex-cite
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/reftex-parse hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/reftex-parse
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/reftex hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/reftex
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/reftex-sel hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/reftex-sel
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/reftex-global hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/reftex-global
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/reftex-auc hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/reftex-auc
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/bibtex hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/bibtex
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/reftex-dcr hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/reftex-dcr
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/reftex-toc hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/textmodes/reftex-toc
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/cperl-mode hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/progmodes/cperl-mode
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/xscheme hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/progmodes/xscheme
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/net/tramp
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/style/slovak hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/language/slovak
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/style/czech hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/language/czech
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-units hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-units
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-trail hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-trail
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-frac hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-frac
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-incom hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-incom
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-undo hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-undo
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-embed hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-embed
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-forms hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-forms
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-math hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-math
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-vec hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-vec
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-alg hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-alg
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-help hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-help
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-ext hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-ext
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-prog hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-prog
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-cplx hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-cplx
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-macs hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-macs
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-lang hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-lang
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-keypd hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-keypd
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-graph hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-graph
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-arith hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-arith
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-rules hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-rules
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-yank hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-yank
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-bin hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-bin
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-store hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-store
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-misc hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-misc
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-sel hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-sel
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-comb hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-comb
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-map hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-map
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-poly hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-poly
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-mode hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-mode
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-stat hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-stat
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-fin hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-fin
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-funcs hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-funcs
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-aent hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-aent
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-rewr hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-rewr
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/calc-stuff hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/calc/calc-stuff
/usr/uumath/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/style/swedish hides /usr/uumath/share/emacs/24.5/lisp/obsolete/swedish

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message idna cl-macs
format-spec cl rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader face-remap preview
prv-emacs tex-bar tex-buf toolbar-x noutline outline font-latex byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv latex easy-mmode tex-ispell
tex-style tex dbus xml crm advice tex-mode compile latexenc info
easymenu tex-site package epg-config pcase gv edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs
cl-lib elec-pair clsc sendmail dabbrev shell pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring rmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr
mail-utils time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 169984 6039)
 (symbols 48 25836 0)
 (miscs 40 41 131)
 (strings 32 35829 4905)
 (string-bytes 1 1000492)
 (vectors 16 18029)
 (vector-slots 8 484696 4968)
 (floats 8 119 346)
 (intervals 56 459 4)
 (buffers 960 12)
 (heap 1024 41117 1332))