Subject: obsolescense of #+CATEGORY on org-mode 9.x (was: bug#32068: 26.1; problem with org-agenda and categories)

From: andrés ramírez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2018 14:29:00 +0000

Hi Nicolas.
> The correct syntax is
>     ** groups
>     :PROPERTIES:
>     :CATEGORY: 0.6groups
>     :END:

it worked. It also worked on emacs 23.4 with org-mode-version 6.33x

> See (info "(org) Property Syntax")

Thanks. For your help on solving this incompatibility.

I would like to add a word here "discoverability".

¿What would have been the way a user should discover this incompatibility
or obsolescense of the "#+CATEGORY"?.

Actually I have seen this behaviour
for more than two months time. because sometimes I use master. So this behaviour has
more than two months or merged. But I think this could lead to an
opportunity for explaning how a user should react to this change. On my
case It have not been easy to find the right way of solving this.

Regards